Coronavirus Resources and Information Summary
Below are a variety of resources that have been shared with us as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. There is also a list of current PIIAC courses and events that have been postponed. We will continue to update this page as more resources become available. See our COVID-19 tracking map!
Big ‘I’ Resource Page
New content is continually being added to this page. We recommend visiting it regularly for new information. Some information included is:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Does Business Income Respond Webinar – Does ISO’s Business Income respond if a business shuts down due to COVID-19? What happens if authorities require the business to close? There is a short answer to both questions, but it may not be that simple. Watch the webinar now (click here) or register to watch the webinar at a scheduled time (click here).
- ACT Disaster Planning Toolkit
- Losses of Business Income – What are the implications?
- Workers’ Compensation – the two tests that determine if an illness is occupational
- How the CARES Act Impacts Big “I” Members and Their Clients
- Impact of COVID-19 on Independent Agents Podcast
- COVID-19 and P&C Insurance – Impacts and Outlook
- Message from Bob Rusbuldt, President & CEO of IIABA
- FFCRA & CARES Acts – What Businesses Need to Know
- Additional articles for employers and how to work through this situation as it develops.
- E&O Risk Management and COVID-19 – Agency Best Practices
- Sample Letter to Commercial Clients about COVID-19
- Carrier Directives to Deny Claims – How Should Agencies Respond
- Claim Denial Follow Up
- E&O and COVID – Utica
- Pinnacol Resources
- Pinnacol – Temporary Change to Agent Commission Eligibility
- Paycheck Protection Program for Small Businesses FAQs
- Paycheck Protection Program for Small Businesses – Full Overview & Application
- How to Apply for Loans Through the Paycheck Protection Program
- Paycheck Protection Financing – InsurBanc
- FAQs on Business Interruption from CO DOI
- Trusted Choice COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Sherman Howard Workplace Safety Advisory 20 Steps for Reopening Colorado Safely
Big I NY:
- Best Practices to Avoid Cyber Hacks During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Social Engineering Preventative Actions
- Secure Your Business – 5 Easy Steps
- Secure Your Home Office – 5 Free Easy Steps
Emergency Regulation 20-E-04:
The CO DOI has issued a temporary continuation for all current residents and nonresident producers and agencies. The proctor requirement for exams has also been temporarily suspended. See regulation for full details.
Online Education Provided by PIIAC:
PIIAC courses updates:
All CIC, CISR, CRM, and Graduate Ruble courses offered by PIIAC in 2020 will be a live webinar. For dates and to register, see the PIIAC calendar.
Colorado Regulations/Orders under Legislation
- Colorado Safer at Home
- Colorado Stay-At-Home Order
- Colorado Stay-At-Home Q&A
- Amended Public Health Order – Authorized Businesses
- Reduction of In-Person Workforce Order
- Exemptions to Reduction of In-Person Workforce Order
- Emergency Regulation 20-E-03: Concerning Coverage Personal Auto for Food Delivery
- Regarding Emergency Regulation 20-E-03: Coverage for Non-Owned Auto
- Actions to Protect Consumers with P&C Insurance
- P&C Discounts During COVID-19
- Electronic Delivery of Documents
- Temporary Individual Resident and Non-Resident Producer Licenses
- Extended Order for Temporary License
Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- For a full overview, click here.
- What Employers Need to Know – After the Latest Legislation
- New Requirement for Employers