Grow, Protect, Educate
Helping You Find Success Through Education & Training
PIIAC has partnered with ExamFX to offer PIIAC members a discount on the ExamFX Video Study pre-licensing course. To get the discount, enter email@example.com as the manager’s email address during the registration process.
A wide variety of courses are available to receive different designations.
PIIAC members receive an exclusive 20% discount on all The Institutes’ Designation programs.
We are thrilled to announce an exciting new educational partnership between PIIAC and The Institutes Agent & Broker Group and CEU. This collaboration aims to elevate the knowledge and expertise of our agency members and employees, providing you with unparalleled access to quality insurance education.
PIIAC members receive:
- Unlimited Access to 150+ on-demand CE courses
- 20% discount on The Institutes’ Designations
- A dedicated professional to map out and guide your agency’s learning plan for all employees, from new-hires all the way up to the most seasoned employees in the agency.
Need Continuing Education?
PIIAC offers a variety of continuing education options such as designation programs, on-demand webcasts, required CE courses and more.
How do I view my CE transcript?
To view your continuing education (CE) transcript click HERE and click on “Look Up Education Courses/Credits.” Follow the prompts to enter in your personal information.
What is the Colorado law on CE requirements?
Colorado law requires all resident producers to complete twenty-four (24) hours of Colorado-approved continuing education courses every two (2) years and requires that six (6) of the twenty-four (24) credit hours be in Ethics (3) and Homeowner Continuing Education (3). Eighteen (18) hours must be specific to lines held. Combined licenses should divide hours between Life & Health and Property & Casualty topics.
Additional requirements include:
- Claims made: All resident producers in sale, consultation, or adjustment of claims-made policies are required to complete a one-time, two hour approved course. If a self-study course, then must be equivalent to two hours. If the provider of the course has requested approval prior to completion, the training can apply toward the 24-hour continuing education requirement.
- Flood: Colorado insurance producers licensed in property, casualty or personal lines of authority who sell federal flood insurance policies must comply with the minimum training requirements of section 207 of the flood insurance reform act of 2004 and basic flood education as outlined at 70 C.F.R. Sec. 52117, or such later requirements as are published by FEMA. The required one-time federal flood insurance training is minimum three-hour course.
- Long-term Care: A producer may not sell, solicit or negotiate long-term care insurance unless the individual is licensed as an insurance producer for accident and health and completes a one-time training course and ongoing training every 24 months thereafter. The one-time training shall be no less than 16 hours, 8 hours of which shall be specific to long-term care partnerships (must be in a classroom setting), and 8 hours of which shall consist of long-term care, generally (can be self study, internet based or classroom training). The ongoing training shall be no less than 5 hours in a classroom setting for each continuing education cycle.
Are there exceptions to the requirements?
There are two (2) exceptions to the CE requirement: 1) first-time licensees will have until their second continuation cycle to comply; and 2) producers holding a limited or restricted license (e.g. travel ticket, title, credit) are not required to complete CE as long as their license is in good standing with the Division.
Am I compliant as a non-resident of Colorado?
Colorado will consider non-residents in compliance with the CE requirement if they have satisfied the continuing education requirements of their home state.
Where can I find CE course providers?
A list of approved course providers can be found on the Sircon website. Click on “Look Up Education Courses/Credits.”
A “Mini-MBA” for the independent insurance industry.
PIIAC has partnered with GoalMakers to bring you the IA-MBA program, a program with the foundations of a traditional MBA program, aimed at the needs of independent insurance agencies. This 10-week program accelerates your career by helping master the management and finance skills needed to grow and optimize your agency.
PIIAC members receive exclusive access & pricing.