The Professional Independent Insurance Agents of Colorado (PIIAC) has established an award to celebrate individuals like Fred Lautenbach of Lautenbach Insurance Agency, who happily go above and beyond to donate their time to a myriad of causes throughout the world. Fred was presented the inaugural award named after him at the annual PIIAC Leadership Conference . Fred was joined by his family including his wife Lori, his parents, Dick and Bonnie, and his children, their spouses and his grandchildren.
Fred joined his father at the Lautenbach Agency in 1978. This past August marked his 45th year with the agency. Fred was on the PIIAC board from 1995-2002, PIIAC President from 2000-2001, and Insurance person of the Year in 1998. He has also served on the Safeco National Agency council for many years and served as their president twice.
The list of people and organizations Fred has volunteered with is amazing and diverse. Bryan Bernier, CEO of PIIAC discussed Fred’s efforts to help children who were displaced by the war in Ukraine, his work to assist building a medical clinic in Africa (that will prevent people from having to walk for several days to get the medical care they need), as well as his numerous volunteer efforts in our community.
Fred has taken the time to volunteer with the following organizations:
- The Wellspring Community: A community that helps adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Colorado Christian University: Helping fundraise for a new sports complex and connecting the different departments and students with opportunities to help overseas via Arise Rwanda, a hospital in Africa.
- Foundry Church: Fred’s local church, where he helps with many things, including a building campaign.
- Samaritans Purse: A disaster relief non-profit, helping in cleanup efforts after the Marshall/Boulder fires in Colorado. Fred helped people sift through the rubble to find any surviving items that needed to be kept before reconstruction was to begin.
- New Hope Eurasia: Bringing humanitarian aid to refugees in Ukraine and Moldova. Fred has been on this trip six times and will be returning on October 31st of this year.
- Mazatlan Vinyard Church: Volunteers to help feed the homeless.
Fred has given more than most and continues to give as much as he can. Bryan Bernier says “it is a highlight of my career to honor someone like Fred. Someone who doesn’t do what he does to seek the award. The ability to have his family, who he holds so dearly, present at the award presentation was a very touching moment” Bryan continued “Fred is a role model for all of us and someone we should all strive to be like.”
With the establishment of this award, future recipients will be honored for their efforts to make the world a better place… like Fred Lautenbach.