The Professional Independent Insurance Agents of Colorado (PIIAC) has recognized esteemed professionals in the insurance industry with the PIIAC Industry Awards for several decades. Each year, the Colorado insurance industry votes on who will be recognized as the Insurance Person of the Year, Account Manager of the Year, Underwriter of the Year, Company Person of the Year, Small Agency of the Year, and Large Agency of the Year.
The award winners were announced on September 21 at the 2023 PIIAC Leadership Conference in Black Hawk, Colorado. The awards were presented to:
- Insurance Person of the Year: Travis McConnell, PFS Insurance Group
- Account Manager of the Year: Ashley Canny, Moody Insurance Agency
- Underwriter of the Year: Allison Budik, Auto-Owners Insurance
- Company Person of the Year: Joe Newhouse, Pinnacol Assurance
- Small Agency of the Year: Preferred Choice Insurance Agency, Inc.
- Large Agency of the Year: Mountain West Insurance & Financial Services
PIIAC also introduced a new award this year: the Fred Lautenbach Community Service Award. Fred Lautenbach is a well-respected member of the insurance industry, who has dedicated his free time to helping those in his community as well as in less fortunate communities. With the establishment of this award, future recipients will be honored for their efforts to make the world a better place.
About PIIAC: PIIAC is a non-profit trade association representing over 500 independent insurance agents throughout Colorado. PIIAC offers education, E&O insurance, market access, discounted software tools, and a roadmap to help get independent insurance agencies up and running. Learn more about PIIAC at www.piiac.com.